Saturday, 26 February 2011

Peanut Butter Cookies

Think of the easiest cookie recipe you know.  No, not that one, that one is too complicated.  No, this recipe is so simple yet makes such delicious cookies that you may have to sit down to deal with how delicious they are.

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 1-8 (depends on how many you want :P)

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup peanut butter (any kind but smooth is best)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
Method:
  1. Stir all ingredients well in a bowl.  
  2. Grab small chunks and roll into balls about the size of the cookies you want. 
  3. Place onto a greased baking tray with room between them (they expand).
  4. Press lightly down on each with a fork, to create a crosshatch effect as you see below (don't press too hard - they expand and flatten in the oven)
  5. Stick into a 375 Fahrenheit oven (190 Celsius) for anywhere from 9 minutes for soft cookies to 12 minutes for firm. 
  6. Get out a glass of milk and OMNOMNOM them all, before other people find out about the awesome peanut butter cookies you just made. 

I told you they were easy :D

Enjoy.  


*Protip: for +10 chef points put in some chocolate chips.  Yes, chocolate chips. 

34 comments:

  1. holy shit that looks delicious and easy enough for me to try out

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how this will taste, interesting meals posted so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm making this today, it looks fucking awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe this works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my stomach just grumbled. i'm getting some of these. it reminds me of the simple treat my elementary school made with lunch, peanut butter mixed with loads of powdered sugar.. sweet little lumps of goodness. yum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dog would love those haha.
    I might make these for dessert tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow that seems a real simple recipe - might give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am trying this a s a fucking P!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mom sometimes makes these cookies. They are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I make these all the time for my kids. They're so easy and fast and delish!!!! heheh

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post; I love your blog concept. Can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. definitely following, this ish looks delish

    ReplyDelete
  13. meh, I can't say I'm the biggest peanut butter fan...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your blog, I'm totally following!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Peanut butter AND cookies, I have to try this!

    Your blog is awesome by the way, will follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seems simple enough for even me to make. I think I'll still let the women in my life make cookies lol.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i am for sure about to go make some of these

    ReplyDelete
  18. i tried it and it was delicous

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am going to do this right now. I have some delicious powdered sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Omg, it's too simple to not try. I'll try filling them into my cupcake molds and see how that turns out. Delish.

    ReplyDelete
  21. But I'm allergic, still good info.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh man I LOVE peanut butter. Trying this out ASAP

    ReplyDelete
  23. awesome recipe, i want to try this

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks delicious :D
    Wait till I'll get my hands on those :)

    ReplyDelete