Thursday, 24 February 2011

Ramen Omelette

If I were in charge of online cooking schools for kids who go to college, this would be my first lesson.  The ramen omelette is dead cheap, tastes great and while it isn't one of what we would consider healthy foods, whatever doesn't kill you will only make you stronger, right?

Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 1-2

Ingredients:
  • 1 packet of instant noodles - any flavor + any brand works (55gr)
  • 1 tablespoon cooking oil
  • 2 eggs (beaten)
  • 2 tbsp onion, finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
  • Salt and Pepper

Method:
  1. Cook noodles in boiling water. Do this according to the package instructions - you don't need to visit online cooking schools to cook instant noodles do you? :D
  2. Drain the water and mix in the instant powder included in the package. Mix well with a fork
  3. Heat up an non-stick pan and put a bit of cooking oil on it. Quickly stir fry chopped onions over medium heat for 2 minutes till they are translucent and toss in the tomatoes. Cook for another 1 minute
  4. Add the noodles into the pan along with the onion and tomato and mix well - cook for another two minutes (try to distribute the noodle/onion/tomato mix evenly across the pan for the next step)
  5. Pour the two beaten eggs slowly by circular motion starting from the outer edge of the pan. Try to cover the whole surface. If you can't, don't worry about it. Just swirl the pan around slightly before the egg sets and it will fill up the empty spaces
  6. Lower heat and cook for 4 minutes. Slide a flat spatula under the omelette and flip over one half onto the other and cook some more till both sides are browned.
  7. Slide onto a plate, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle some grated cheese on top (optional)
  8. Only thing left is to OMNOMNOM it up.  Enjoy :)
 Mine didn't turn out as well as this I'm afraid

And yes I know what you're thinking - "Jack, stop giving us these healthy foods to cook and start telling us to cook some crap(!)" No but seriously, next few posts I'll try to include some healthy foods - not just ones for kids at schools and colleges.  Don't forget to follow and comment, see you next time. :)

39 comments:

  1. This looks pretty damn good. I have plenty of eggs and ramen. Will try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah i'm definately gonna have to try this.
    Looks so nice :D

    Kudos

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've got plenty of ramens but not eggs... damn :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. This actually looks bloody nice. I am the worlds worst cook so will definately be following your blog in the future :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmm...this is interesting. Might try it for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so hungry now thanks.

    Blogging is hard work. No time to eat. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've made noodles. I've made omlete. But i've never thought to combine the two. You sire are a genious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. This omelet actually looks delicious. I can't wait to chow down on one of these bad boys as soon as i get home

    ReplyDelete
  9. nom nom nom nom nom

    mmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  10. why does this look super tasty.. must be my inner college student getting hungry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just tried this and it was pretty good. Looks like we're now having a new fav cheap dish in our student house

    ReplyDelete
  12. How many calories? next time take a picture of your creation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. mmm maybe not healthy, but sure tasty. I have some ramen in the kitchen, maybe i'll try it for dinner

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing dinner bro, I will give my maruchan ramen packages a good use.

    ReplyDelete
  15. thats looks incredible! do you deliver? hahaha jks, I followed you though! follow me back if u can.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Look pretty easy to make too

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks very nice and easy to make! thanks for sharing :D Following and supporting

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah Mr Hobo Dinner, I always check out your blog every day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have so much Ramen at home that I don't know what to do with. This is a great spin from plain old ramen!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Delicious. My girlfriend has been viewing your blog for a while now and made this for a snack today. Delicious and worth a follow!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Definitely have to try this sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Quite a great idea...imma try this tomorrow night. :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is great stuff, can't wait to try this out when I get off my lazy ass. Following!

    ReplyDelete
  24. hobo dinners were my life for at least 3 years

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is brilliant. Kinda excited for my next paycheck to run out.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks like I can finally afford to eat this week :)

    ReplyDelete